[mailhist-discuss] First email attachment?

Dave Crocker dcrocker at bbiw.net
Sun Mar 12 19:09:06 PDT 2017

On 3/12/2017 6:56 PM, Jack Haverty wrote:
> On 03/12/2017 03:48 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> Was there any distinctive/standard packaging and/or encoding?
>
> Short answer - Nope.

First, MANY thanks for the detailed description.

Second, apologies, since I didn't mean 'encoded' in the formal precision
of the term but rather more like 'demarked', in which case a distinctive
'attribute' would quite nicely.

So I think that the long answer for what I meant to ask is - Yup.

> It's been 40 years --- I still think that messages as database objects
> makes a lot of sense....

Long ago I cam to roughly the same view: documents and messages are
different faces of the same thing, starting with 'structured object'.
(I think of the 'database' aspect as secondary to structuring.)

d/

ps. Sorry for so much 'quoting'...

Brandenburg InternetWorking