[mailhist-discuss] Question #2 for my story

Linda Hess linda.hess at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 11:35:13 PDT 2015

Thanks fro the responses!

I think I need to flesh out the question a bit more, and it may not change
anything, but here goes:

The family is a non-tech family (husband and wife). Husband is a physician,
wife is a writer. They might be technologically forward-looking in that
they actually own a home computer in 1994 and are online with AOL. Suzanne
- not wedded to AOL per se, but it was a consumer service in fairly wide
use. I could change it to an independent ISP.

The husband in the story finds out that his wife has fallen in love with
someone else, and email is their day-to-day means of communication.

His friend has some shady connections and hires a hacker to break into his
wife's email account.

For the story, the wife cannot be aware that she's been hacked, and she has
to think her messages aren't getting through to the intended recipient. And
the recipient's responses can't get back to her. She has to believe that
he's cut off communication.

I have a Plan B if this isn't a technologically believable situation.

Thanks!
Linda