[mailhist-discuss] Question about the early use of email

Linda Hess linda.hess at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:13:18 PST 2014

Hi Dave,

First, thank you for letting me post this question to the list! I know it's
outside of the normal realm of technical discussion. Members of the list
have been very gracious with their time and expertise.

Second, as I mentioned to several of those members who repliec, based on
the information that I received, I think I need to change the time frame of
my story from 1990 to 1994. That's when I was able to send and receive
email across systems, and the give-and-take was pretty much instantaneous,
depending on if the other person happened to be in his/her email program
when a message came in.

I am grateful to all of you who replied, because I learned quite a lot!

Best regards,
Linda