[mailhist-discuss] Discussing email history vs. discussing news about email history?

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:07:37 PDT 2012

On 6/13/2012 8:21 AM, Thomas Haigh wrote:
> I’m resisting the urge to keep spamming the group with updates on the
> increasingly bizarre public career of email history.

dilemma.

the activity is "about" email history, but not to the stated purpose of
this list.  It's important but, actually, off topic.

my real concern is that it distracts from that stated, productive
purpose of the list.  but it's importance warrants /some/ venue for
postings.

my current thought is to split off a separate list for something like
mailhist-news or somesuch, to distinguish our semi-scholarly activity
from media activity about the topic.

Thoughts?