[mailhist-discuss] Definition of email

Terry Gray gray at uw.edu
Thu Jun 7 08:06:39 PDT 2012

slight mod, v2:

Electronic mail (Email) is a service provided by computer programs to send
 messages from the user of one computer account to the personal mailbox(es)
of others for later retrieval.  An electronic mail message consists of
packaged data, analogous to a physical letter, specifying one or more
authors and one or more recipients.

-teg