[mailhist-discuss] FW: SIGCIS in Boston Magazine profile of "email inventor"

Terry Gray gray at uw.edu
Mon Jun 4 07:48:14 PDT 2012

I agree that the async nature of email is an important element to include,
in order to distinguish it from chat or synchronous conferencing, e.g.
BBN's PLANET system of the mid-70s.

To Craig's point, I don't think whether or not the recipient saw the
recipient names detracts from Dave's point:  the sender had to specify
them, and that was an important differentiator from a document sitting on
an ftp server...

-teg