[mailhist-discuss] first threading?

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 05:37:53 PDT 2012

Folks,

Vittal's MSG program was first to create a reply (answer) command.  This
permitted easy interaction for a conversation.

On the receiver's side, I believe that MUA threading made it possible to
review extended conversations with fundamentally more ease than
previously.  Today we take it for granted, but working through multiple
conversations over time, even with automatic filing into separate
folders, was a challenge.  IMO, threading largely fixed that.

The later construct of "conversation" might also be notable, but I'm
personally less impressed with it as a paradigmatic enhancement.

We should try to find the first support for a 'thread' construct. Any
suggestions?  Any documentation?

If there is consensus to also list the 'conversations' construct, please
make the case for it.