[mailhist-discuss] capabilities vs. usage

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:02:32 PDT 2012

On 7/9/2012 9:13 AM, Suzanne Johnson wrote:
> I believe that the timing and extent of the distribution of  this
> software makes it a candidate for inclusion in the timeline.

So far, the timeline has been seeking to note functional or operational
milestones.  That is, things that extended state of the art or state of
the practice.

It's clear that particular production releases, whether for-profit or
not, have interest value.  But I think their salience is along a
different metric.  Do folks feel otherwise?

Noting that there are many tidbits of recitations about such releases, I
/am/ thinking it would be good for emailhistory.org to provide a
repository for such accounts.  A timeline to go with it would seem
reasonable.

Thoughts?